Thursday, February 1, 2007

wind.fire.water.earth

i was caught up in the wind, so deafening
i couldn't fight my way out of this cloud of thoughts
not knowing what it was i sought
about life and love and so-called liberties
and everything just started seeming so damn finite
my restless heart grew wings and took flight

eyes that open slow, afraid to know
and suddenly i find myself so far from home
but i don't mind, i'm not alone
you cut the strings that tangled up my mind
allowing me to breathe and leave it all behind
and shared the stillness you had found

we walked without a word, like we preferred
it's funny how things look so different in the moonlight
i swear i saw my fears ignite
and everything was infinite again
the ocean seemed to hold the answers to my questions
what were they? now i forget them

but just like every dream, it couldn't last
i've woken up with my feet firmly on the ground
left without the peace i'd found
and like a sick cycle i look for the wind
to come and sweep me up in storms so deafening
to where i'll find you on the beach again
© audrey woods

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home