Wednesday, November 1, 2006

vandals beware...i have weird (a.k.a. wicked cool) neighbors

I very cordially would love to share with you this photo I have taken of a mailbox belonging to. . .well I'll just admit it, one of my very own neighbors.

Now, despite my first reaction which, upon whipping around a bend with my mother and catching a hazy glimpse of this not-so-subtle contraption, was a very loud, "WHAT THE HECK...??!", I have to say on the second drive-by I was duly impressed with these people who clearly have awakened one too many times to their mailbox either destroyed beyond recognition or relocated entirely somewhere down the road (I know the feeling!). I mean, honestly . . . whoever you are, I believe you should win an award for this! At first my mother and I wondered if it might be wired to light up and shoot paintballs whenever someone got too close, and proceeded to fantasize about the possibility. We actually considered camping out one night just to see it happen (not that we would attempt anything stupid, but those twerpy skateboarding boys who are always trying to get my brother to spin the wheels on his mustang. . . they held high potential). Not surprisingly, this plan has not yet been carried through, but there's still the question of how our poor mailman has dealt with this scary transition, and that still makes us snicker.

My brother (the one with the 'stang) has since enlightened us that those pipes are not for shooting paintballs (that was disappointing), and that this monster machine mailbox that I emphatically believe should win some kind of award (and also caused me to wonder, if only for a moment during which you'll be relieved to know that I checked myself, "why didn't I think of this??) is nothing but a car engine. Still, I thought it deserved something. . . if nothing more than a colossal kudos from me, their lovingly supportive neighbor, in a highly praiseworthy (and perhaps a tad ostentatious??) blog.

Feast your eyes, fellow bloggers!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home