Tuesday, October 24, 2006

what the three musketeers have to do with toothpaste

You might be skeptical about my ability to prove that the three musketeers and toothpaste are related. But let me assure you, I am the queen of relativity. In fact, I am willing to bet the change in my pocket that you couldn't come up with two subjects (heck, make it three) that I couldn't prove are related in one way or another. Just try me.

But (thank God) this isn't physics class, so unless your name is Einstein I won't waste another minute of our time. Moving on to the point of this blog.

Toothpaste. Why, in the name of all that is holy, are there so many different kinds of toothpaste? We've got whitening toothpaste, Anti-bacterial toothpaste, tartar control toothpaste, purifying toothpaste (whatever that means), oxygenating toothpaste (again, whatever that means), acticavity toothpaste, banish-bad-breath-forever toothpaste, luminating toothpaste, and a whole slew of companies that claim their toothpaste is "advanced."

Why can there not just be ONE toothpaste that covers everything? Are there really people out there that stand in the personal hygiene aisle saying, "I want to prevent cavities, but I don't care if my teeth are yellow", or "I want to get rid of my bad breath, but I'd like to keep my tartar"? Or do all the Colgates and Crests of the world expect us to buy every type of toothpaste and rotate our tooth decay prevention attempts nightly? Monday we'll fight gingivitis, Tuesday we'll wage war against halitosis.

Maybe I'm just a raving lunatic, or maybe I really do have a point here. In the words of three wise men who clearly understand my distress: "One for all, and all for one!" (From now on, you won't think twice about your confidence in my relational abilities, will you?)


*10,000 points to whoever figured out that I concocted this blog while looking for toothpaste at Wal-Mart.

1 Comments:

Blogger Rims said...

:D...Loved every bit of it...u can be the queen of practical thinking too...

The commonality in what I am gonna share with u and ur post is just the toothpaste but still couldnt resist sharing with you- When I was a kid a particular brand had 2 paste called Good Morning and Good Night...and I used to wonder what would happen if I wanted to sleep till noon then which one would I use. I did share my dilemma with my parents all they said was I will wake you up in the morning if your alarm fails. :-(

Cheers!!

February 28, 2007 at 9:29 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home